Nowadays, more and more property owners are doing their best to lower their monthly energy bills in order to save a significant amount every month. Unfortunately, there may be times when you feel like your efforts to save energy are in vain, and whenever this happens, the experts recommend that you check and see if damage or mistakes with your HVAC units could be the cause.
Here are six common commercial HVAC mistakes that could be wasting your energy.
1. Failing to utilize programmable thermostats – If your building was built recently, it’s likely that it has programmable thermostats installed in it to make temperature control easier. Unfortunately, one of the most common mistakes that building owners make is failing to utilize these thermostats, instead leaving them set at one temperature 24/7. With that in mind, if you’re looking to save, experts strongly recommend adjusting your building’s programmable thermostats according to your needs.
2. Failing to maintain the units – One of the common commercial HVAC mistakes that property owners tend to make is failing to regularly maintain their units. This is because some think it’s an unnecessary expense, especially if the units aren’t exhibiting any problems. In reality, however, HVAC units need to be maintained on a regular basis, as failure to do so can result in high energy bills. By properly maintaining the unit, property owners will help ensure that their units remain in good condition and maintain maximum efficiency to prevent their energy bills from increasing.
3. Overheating or overcooling the building – Another mistake you can make is overheating or overcooling your building. As much as possible, experts recommend that you avoid turning your heating system up too high or your air conditioning down too low, as this can result in wasted energy and high energy bills. Instead, be sure to set them at just the right temperature. By so doing, you’ll be able to keep your building comfortable and save a significant amount of energy usage at the same time.
4. Not changing the filters – When it comes to your HVAC units’ air filters, on the other hand, it can be easy to forget about them, as they’re a component that isn’t always seen. However, according to air conditioner service providers, you should always replace the filters of your HVAC units every one to three months to maintain maximum efficiency and prevent damage to the system.
5. Ignoring needed repairs – If you want your commercial HVAC units to remain as efficient as possible, avoid making the mistake of ignoring repairs, as this could cause your energy bills to spike. Instead, if it’s clear that there’s something wrong with the unit, be sure to have a professional inspect your HVAC system and perform repairs immediately if necessary.
6. Putting off upgrades – Upgrading to a new HVAC model can be intimidating for some due to the costs involved. However, you should never avoid upgrading your HVAC units, especially if the system is on its last legs, as this can end up costing you a significant amount in the long run. With that in mind, perform the needed upgrades if necessary in order to maintain your building’s energy efficiency.
If you need someone who can help you maintain your building’s HVAC units, look no further than Modern Air Solutions. When it comes to heating and air conditioning repair services, we’re the leading professionals to approach, and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (630) 206-4993 or fill out our contact form to get in touch with us.